Tuesday, July 16, 2013

The Kingdom Family Commitment

I have been reading "Unbreakable: The Seven Pillars of a Kingdom Family" by Tom Elliff and in the book he outlines seven pillars which when established in your family will build a strong unbreakable family that reflects Christ. I have recorded the seven pillars below in hopes that you will join me in affirming these seven pillars and establishing your family around them.

The Kingdom Family Commitment
I am a member of God's Kingdom Family. I have repented of my sin, believed on Christ as my Lord and Savior, and received His gift of forgiveness and eternal life. By the miracle of God's grace, I am both a citizen of His kingdom and a member of His family, His subject and His child, His slave and a joint heir with Him, His battle-ready solider and His bride. It is now my desire to glorify the Lord by giving my own earthly family relationships the interest and care they so richly deserve. With the balance of my life and relying on the leadership of God's Spirit, I will commit to God's plan for my life and family by:

Honoring God's Authority
God, as Sovereign Creator and Sustainer of all, holds Ultimate Authority over His creation. By establishing the family, God has provided a unique setting in which each individual should come to understand and respect authority. I will glorify God by surrendering every area of my life to Him and by offering godly respect in all my earthly relationships starting in my family (Rom. 12:1-2; 13:1-7; Eph. 5:21-25; 6:1-4; 1 Cor. 10:31)

Respecting Human Life
Human life is a gift from God and is of transcendent worth. It is to be treasured, protected, encouraged, and loved from the moment of conception until the moment of death. I know that each member of my family must ultimately give an account to God, and forgiveness of sin and eternal life in heaven will require personal repentance of sin and faith in Christ. I will honor God by expressing self-sacrificial love to each of my family members throughout the entirety of their lives (Eph. 2:13; Ps. 119:13-16; 127-128; Prov. 16:31)

Exercising Moral Purity
God has established the family as His first institution on earth. It is worthy of my most noble aspirations and commitments, including my commitment to moral purity, marital fidelity, and Christlike love for each family member. Because marriage is a picture of Christ's faithfulness to His bride, the church and because the family is a picture of the Father's faithfulness to His children, I will honor the Lord by being faithful and pure. (Exod. 20:14; 1 Cor. 6:18-19; Job 31:1; Matt. 5:27-30)

Serving My Church
The church is the bride of Christ, comprised of all the redeemed who will, one day, be taken to heaven by Him. By exalting Christ, resting on the sufficiency of His Word, and giving place to the ministry of the Spirit, the local church becomes the means by which spiritual growth is promoted and the ministry of Christ is brought to my family, my community, and to the world. I will support and encourage my family to support our local church with faithful attendance, diligent service, generous and God-honoring giving, and loving cooperation (Matt. 16:18; Eph. 5:25; 4:11-16; Heb. 10:25).

Using Time Wisely
Time is a resource given to each person by God. My use of it, especially in matters related to my family, reflects my esteem for God. One day I will give an account to Him for how I have spent the time He entrusted to me. As I order my life in concert with His will, I will have sufficient time for personal growth through prayer, study of God's Word, and for fulfilling every God-given responsibility to my family (Eph. 5:15; 2 Tim. 3:16-17; Deut. 6:6-7; Luke 18:16; Ps. 90:12).

Practicing Biblical Stewardship
God has provided material resources so that I may glority Him through the exercise of faithful stewardship over them. I will be held accountable for this stewardship. Therefore, I will diliegently seek my Master's best interest in the way I earn money, expend it, use it, and give it. (Luke 6:38, 12:48; Gen 1:28; Prov 3:9-10; 2 Cor 9:7; 1 Cor 4:22; 16:1-2; Mal 3:8-11)

Sharing the Gospel of Jesus Christ
The greatest and most noble purpose of life is to glorify the Lord through the fulfillment of His Great Commission. I will glorify the Lord by sharing my faith with my family and by joining with them and others in specific activities which cultivate a passion for fulfilling the Great Commission (Matt 28:19-20' Acts 1:8; John 4:38-39; Rom. 1:16; 1 Tim 5:8; Rev. 22:17: Rom. 1:16).

Are you man enough to make the commitment?

No comments:

Post a Comment