Friday, April 22, 2011

What Easter means to me

Here God speak this truth over you this Easter season:
I love you so much that I crushed my Son under the full fury of my righteous wrath for you. In the Garden of Gethsemane, my Son cried out for this bitter cup to pass from him. And I remained silent. Why? Because I love you that much. And when my Son uttered that shriek on the cross, unlike any other protest in all of history, "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?" I again remained silent. Why? To convince you that I love you. Behold the supreme demonstration of my love-the cross-the death of my Son. What more can I say? What else do you require to be convinced of my love for you?"

Remember, wherever you are, whatever your circumstance God loves you. Today, ponder this truth-it was the Father's love-his love for sinners who richly deserved his righteous wrath-that moved Him to sacrifice His only Son as our substitute.

No comments:

Post a Comment