Friday, October 17, 2014

Never Underestimate the Power of Thanksgiving:

There are days when I wish I was an African American Preacher. I wish I was an African American preacher because then I could stand before a group of people and in a loud booming voice say, "Never Underestimate the Power of Thanksgiving!"

However,

I am not an African American preacher but rather a "slightly" over-weight white boy who dreams to tell people to "never underestimate the power of Thanksgiving!" Giving thanks is an important concept in the Bible and is used over 40 times by the Apostle Paul, alone. From these uses we learn that thankfulness is a mental and/or verbal expression of one’s acknowledgement and appreciation of God’s person, His grace, blessings, and sovereign work in one’s life and the world.

The power of thanksgiving is important because it focuses our attention from all that we do not have to all that we do have. I repeat, the power of thanksgiving is important because it focuses our attention from all that we do not have to all that we do have. What are you thankful for this year? Below, is a list of the things I am thankful for:

1) My relationship with God through His Son Jesus Christ.
2) My wife, Julia.
3) My daughter, Piper.
4) My church family who edify, encourage, and equip me.
5) The teens and their parents who make up the greatest youth group in NC.


God has blessed Julia and I in numerous ways this year. I encourage you to take a moment this Thanksgiving season and thank God for all He has given you and remember to never underestimate the power of Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment