Friday, January 3, 2014

My testimony:

MY TESTIMONY:
I grew up living for myself and living for the moment. After high school I became a fire-fighter, I continued to live recklessly and for myself. I would work hard in the fire departments, but on my days off I would cope with alcohol. I spent many nights passed out on bathroom floors. Through a series of deaths and bad accidents, I began to realize I wanted to help people on a larger scale. I approached my boss and asked him where I could go to learn how to help people, my boss said Liberty University. All I wanted to do in college was party, drink, and learn. When I arrived in August and learned Liberty students took their Christian faith seriously, I was furious. I hated everyone. Even though I hated everyone the Christians at Liberty loved me, through their love and self-less actions the walls around my heart came crumbling down. One night I struck up a conversation with a leader on my hall. He explained to me through the use of the law that I was a sinner. At the end of the conversation, I understood that I was guilty before a holy God and if God were to judge me by the Ten Commandments He would send me to Hell. He left that night without explaining the story of Jesus. He understood that I was not ready to hear the Good News and needed to spend the night thinking about the weight of my sin. I spent all night terrified before a Holy God. I knew if I were to die I would go to Hell and I did not know how to fix myself. The next morning a traveling evangelist came and spoke on the love of God found in Jesus Christ. Not finished with his sermon yet, and I knew that I wanted Christ. I had seen others going down to the altar and I thought that is what you had to do to be saved. Therefore, ¾ of the way into his talk I stood up and went down. In October, 2006, I was able to say with the Apostle Paul, “Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners-and I am the worst of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment