Thursday, May 5, 2011

World's Greatest

This week a picture surfaced on Facebook of my fifth grade class. (Go ahead and have a good laugh. I am in the top right corner.) I know, I too am blown away with how bad the style was in the mid-nineties. However, let us not forget my generation is the generation which gave us Jnco Jeans, the country music group Alabama, the great song "Barbie Girl" and the world's greatest TV show "Boy Meets World."

Perhaps it is fitting that this Sunday is Mothers Day because as I was looking at this picture I began to think about my Elementary School Days and every memory had my mom in it. I began to remember all that she had done for me over the years...
  • I remembered that my mom was the one who made my lunch every morning from Kindergarten until I entered High School.
  • My mom was up early in the morning in order to see me off to school and my mom was there when I came home in the afternoon and always had an afternoon snack waiting.
  • My mom helped me with school projects, learning lines for plays, and flipped Spanish note-cards for hours on end.
  • My mom was the one who would sneak food up to my room after my dad had sent me to bed without supper for misbehaving. (If my parents were the Bible, my dad would be OT: law and my mom would be NT: grace.)
  • My mom was the one I could always convince to let me off early from my punishment.
  • My mom came to all of my plays, track meets, and every school function. 
  • My mom taught me how to love and serve others.
  • My mom told me to never give my heart away and just have fun with girls.
  • My mom was always there when I did give my heart away and a girl broke it.
  • My mom was the one, who, when another kid stole my Nintendo game, she marched over to his house and chewed him out and got the game back.
  • My mom was always trusting me, even though, I would let her down time and time again.
  • My mom is the kindest, gentlest, Godliest woman I know.
  • However, the greatest thing my mom did and does for me is that she prays(ed) for me. I would not be the man I am today if she had not given all of that time in prayer.


Mom, this post is for you. I love you! You are the world's greatest mom. I know I was not the easiest kid to raise, however, you never gave up on me and always loved me no matter what. Thank you! I would not be the man I am today if it were not for you and your love. Happy Mothers Day. I love you!

1 comment:

  1. Your Mom is one great lady and this is a beautiful tribute to her. She has influenced many other young people too and I'm grateful for her influence in Lydia's life.

    ReplyDelete