Friday, May 27, 2011

Do you weep?

When He (Jesus) saw the crowds, He felt compassion for them, because they were weary and worn out, like sheep without a shepherd.-Matthew 9:36

Five times in the Gospels we are told that when Jesus saw the crowds He felt compassion for them. Jesus in His humanity is moved to tears over the sinfulness of mankind. In the verses proceeding 9:36, the reader sees Jesus cleansing a leper, healing a woman with a fever, Jesus healing the blind, and driving out demons. Jesus is doing a lot of physical healing, however, the spiritual plight of individuals is what brings Him to tears. Jesus in His humanity is overcome with the lostness of the people. Jesus is moved to literal tears overs the plight of sinners. 
  • When was the last time YOU were moved to literal tears over the plight of sinners?
  • When was the last time YOU talked with a loved one who does not know Christ and you were crying because of their lostness?
  • When was the last time YOU went to the grocery story and were moved to tears because of all the people who did not know Christ and would end up in Hell if they died today?
  • When was the last time YOU looked at the nations and wept for those who had never heard?
Friends, we need more weeping. Please pray this prayer with me:

Dear God, I am sorry. I am sorry for my lack of compassion for the lost. I confess that I have become jaded in my view of the lost. Please forgive me. I beg you to open my eyes to the spiritual plight of individuals whom I interact with on a daily basis. Please give me a heart for the lost and a boldness to share my faith. In Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment