Monday, December 27, 2010

GOD'S BLESSINGS

Last night as Julia and I were drifting off to sleep she made a comment which has been ringing in my head all day.  Julia said, "we are extremely blessed." 2010 has been the greatest year of my life. God has blessed Julia and I in amazing ways this year. Below are a list of the top five blessings God has bestowed on me this year.

5) Traveling to India: Four years ago when I began school at Liberty University God placed a desire in my heart to travel to India and share His story with individuals. This year for three weeks I had the opportunity to travel with a team of individuals and share God's story with the nation of India. This was an incredible experience and one which has profoundly shaped my life. While in India we drank hot tea in 125 degree weather, ate spicy curry with our hands, played cricket, prayed over paralyzed, sick, and  dying individuals, shared stories from God's Word, and I even had the opportunity to share Jesus with an eighty year old man who had never heard the name of Jesus Christ or what He did on the cross. God used this experience to reveal His plan for my life, which is to take the Gospel to the ends of the Earth and share with those who have never heard. God has richly blessed me with the ability to travel to India.

4) Moving and finding jobs in a horrible economy: Julia and I got married this year in Charlotte, NC and one week later we packed up our belongings and moved three hours up state to Wake Forest, NC. We knew no one in Wake Forest nor did we have jobs. We knew nothing about life or how to live on our own, but, we knew our God was bigger than our fears and we trusted in Him to provide. When we first moved in we didn't have money for the internet so we would drive to McDonald's in order to use their free WiFi. We were scared but we stepped out in faith and God caught us!  God provided a Kindergarten job for Julia at a Christian School and I was able to find a night job as a janitor. God continues to provide for "all" of our bills and needs through our hard work and a little help from the parents. We are thankful for all of the help and prayers over the last six months as we learn to live in this crazy world. God has richly blessed us with moving and finding jobs in a horrible economy.

3) Being welcomed into a new family with open arms: God has richly blessed me with a brand new section of family. When Julia and I got married her family became mine and mine became hers. My in-laws are the greatest and they have welcomed me in with open arms. Julia's dad is teaching me how to work on cars and fix odd things around the house as well as how to shepherd a flock of people. Julia's uncles are teaching me about theology and being a pastor and her grand-parents always seem to be putting me to work inside and outside of their house in Raleigh. I love huge dinners with her cousins, aunts, uncles, and grand-parents. God has richly blessed me with a new section of family!

2) Attending Southeastern Baptist Seminary for free: God has richly blessed me with the ability to not only attend seminary but to be able to go for free. In order to become a missionary within the Southern Baptist Convention I need a Masters level degree from an accredited seminary. I always thought that Seminary was a great idea but would be out of the question while I was young due to finances. God had other plans. While visiting Southeastern I learned about a grant which would pay for school, I applied and was accepted. God knew that I needed this grant in order to attend Seminary and He provided the means. God has richly blessed me with the ability to not only attend seminary but be able to go for free.

1) Marrying my best friend and the love of my life: God has richly blessed me with the ability to be married to my best friend and the love of my life. I can remember meeting her for the very first time and being struck with her ability to make everyone in the room laugh and feel comfortable around her. I will admit I did not like her at first but over time her beauty began to shine forth and I quickly found her irresistible. She has become my best friend. I love going to bed next to her and waking up with her every day. I love hearing her teaching stories and learning about life with her. She is the one that I will grow old with, have children with, and face the world together with. She is my best friend and the love of my life. God has richly blessed me with the ability to marry my best friend and the love of my life.

2010 has been the greatest year of my life. God's blessings have been sown throughout the entire year. God is good! I hope you take a moment before the end of 2010 and reflect on His goodness over the year and praise Him for all that He has provided.

No comments:

Post a Comment