Tuesday, July 19, 2016

I Can Not Wait For Heaven:

May I let you in on a little secret?

I am really excited about going to Heaven one day.

I know. I know. I am too young to be thinking about Heaven but I can't help it. What a glorious day that will be when I close my eyes on this Earth and open them to behold my Savior (Jesus Christ) face to face. I can't wait.

There is a lot of things to be excited about when it comes to Heaven. The very pinnacle of Heaven will be seeing Jesus face to face. I can not wait to place my hands in His scars and thank Him for saving my soul.

While Jesus is at the top of my list (as it should be for everyone who is a true believer) there are other things I am excited about when it comes to Heaven. Reuniting with family members and loved ones who have gone before, seeing and conversing with Bible characters, the majestic beauty of Heaven and the list goes on and on.

One of the aspects I am excited about will be meeting the people who the Lord has saved through my giving to various offerings whom I have never met.

Let me explain: imagine you are sitting in church and a missionary comes and shares about the work he is doing in India, while you are listening your heart is pricked and you want to support the work in India so you contact the missionary and every month for several years you give a check to the work going on in India. You may never go to India but your financial contribution is helping to spread the Gospel in India. Imagine that day in Heaven when someone from India comes up to you, shakes your hand and thanks you for giving to the Lord.

How many times in our life have we given money to an offering and never thought anything else about it? Imagine the people we are going to meet in Heaven who came to know Jesus because we gave.

Take a minute and think about all of the times you have given to a particular cause or to a church. Imagine all of the individuals who are now hearing the Gospel message because you gave. I believe if we have this picture in our mind when we are asked to give it will spur us on to reach deeper into our pockets and give more sacrificially.

Every time you give to an organization which is reaching people with the Gospel of Jesus Christ you are playing a part in reaching someone with the Gospel message and one day in Heaven we will meet all of those people whom have been reached because we took the time to place money in an offering plate.

I can not wait until that day. Can you?

No comments:

Post a Comment