Monday, April 7, 2014

My Call to Ministry:

Paul writes in 1 Timothy 3:1, “This saying is trustworthy: If anyone desires to be a pastor, he desires a noble work.” God has been growing a desire within me to be a Pastor since He saved me in 2006.

After becoming a Christian I entered into a discipleship relationship with an older Christian in the community. One of the spiritual disciplines which he taught me was how to share my faith. I began sharing my faith with my unsaved friends and family members back home via Facebook. Facebook evangelism quickly progressed into face-to-face evangelism. We began going out on Friday night to downtown Lynchburg or Roanoke, Virginia to evangelize. Every Friday night I was downtown sharing my faith with businessmen, college students, homeless men, etc. God began to open my eyes to lostness in America. The summer of my sophomore year I traveled with Liberty University to the Amazon River. While on the Amazon God opened my eyes to overseas mission while I was sharing Bible stories in villages, providing basic medical care, playing soccer and hunting alligators.  

God continued to burden me with a desire to be a Pastor the summer of my junior year when I interned as a youth pastor in Penns Grove, New Jersey.  As a youth intern I learned how to plan and implement a youth group curriculum, how to organize youth functions, teach Sunday School, engage youth culture, equip the saints, and edify believers for the work of the ministry.

After college, I attended Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary in Wake Forest, NC my major at Southeastern was a Masters of Divinity in International Church Planting; I spent two years studying in a classroom in America and have spent the last two years serving as a 2 year missionary with the International Mission Board. During this time God has continued to increase my desire to serve Him in full time Christian ministry. God has increased my desire through training of local pastors, sharing my faith with Muslims and traditionalists and leading a Bible study for the five missionary families who live and work in Northern Ghana.


God has given me a desire to be in the ministry and I am excited to fulfill this desire.

No comments:

Post a Comment