Thursday, June 30, 2016

July Parent Newsletter:

Parents of the Go:

Summer Meals Wednesday nights throughout the summer for $3. Drop your son or daughter off at CREW at 6:00 pm and let CREW provide the meals.

Carowinds Trip: July 28th. 8:00 am-8:00 pm. Cost: $60 (If you get a coupon from Bojangles it's $15 cheaper).

Dear Parents,

Last week while I was at summer camp I had the opportunity to interact with several other Student Ministers. Several Student Ministers complained about the lack of support they get from parents and how parents are always undermining their authority. When they were sharing I was thanking God for each of you.

Thank you for being supportive of me and the direction I have been attempting to steer CREW Student Ministries.

Thank you for adopting and supporting my vision of reaching, teaching and releasing 7th-12th grade students.

Thank you for speaking words of encouragement to me through cards, emails and even pulling my aside and letting me know you support me.

Thank you for driving your son or daughter to activities and on Sunday morning and Wednesday nights.

Thank you for encouraging your son or daughter who drives to come out to activities and on Sunday morning and Wednesday nights.

Thank you for paying for events and activities. I know it can be a strain on your budget but I appreciate the sacrifice and know that God is using all of the events and activities to mold and shape your son or daughter into an individual who loves the Lord and serves others.

Thank you for praying for me and my family.

Thank you for entrusting your most treasured possession into our care week after week.

I could not effectively serve the students at FBCS if it was not for your encouragement, love, prayers and support. Thank you.

I will close this brief newsletter with a quote from the Apostle Paul to the church in Philippi,

"I thank my God in all my remembrance of you, always in every prayer of mine for you all making my prayer with joy, because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now. And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ. It is right for me to feel this way about you all, because I hold you in my heart, for you are all partakers with me of grace, both in my imprisonment and in the defense and confirmation of the gospel. For God is my witness, how I yearn for you all with the affection of Christ Jesus. And it is my prayer that your love may abound more and more, with knowledge and all discernment, so that you may approve what is excellent, and so be pure and blameless for the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ, to the glory and praise of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment