Monday, November 2, 2015

November Parent Newsletter:

For Parents on the Go:

  1. Wednesday, November 4th 7:00-8:00 pm: Fill Operation Christmas Child Shoe boxes. We will be going to the Family Dollar and purchasing supplies to fill shoe boxes. We will than return to the church and fill our shoe boxes. Cost: Money to fill a shoe box.
  2. Friday, November 20th at 6:00 pm-Saturday, November 21st at 5:00 pm: YouthGIVING. Teenagers will have a lock-in at our house on Friday night where we will make home made pizza, play games, watch movies and share what we are thankful for. On Saturday, November 21st we will wake up early and travel to several church families to serve them with various yard work and other small repairs. Cost: $10.
  3. Saturday, December 5th 7:00-9:00 pm: Christmas Party. Annual Christmas Party in the Welch's basement. Cost: FREE.
  4. Saturday, January 16th: 8:00 am-4:00 pm: Snow Tubing in Seven Hills, NC. We will be going snow tubing in the mountains of NC. I only have 12 tickets so the first 12 who let me know and pay the amount will receive a ticket. Cost: $35 plus money for lunch. 

Dear Parents,


Did you know that there are days when I wish I was an African American Preacher? I wish I was an African American preacher because then I could stand before a group of people and in a loud booming voice say, "Never Underestimate the Power of Thanksgiving!"

However,

I am not an African American preacher but rather a "slightly" over-weight white boy who dreams to tell people to "never underestimate the power of Thanksgiving!" Giving thanks is an important concept in the Bible and is used over 40 times by the Apostle Paul, alone. From these uses we learn that thankfulness is a mental and/or verbal expression of one’s acknowledgement and appreciation of God’s person, His grace, blessings, and sovereign work in one’s life and the world.

The power of thanksgiving is important because it focuses our attention from all that we do not have to all that we do have. I repeat, the power of thanksgiving is important because it focuses our attention from all that we do not have to all that we do have. What are you thankful for this year? 

God has blessed Julia and I in numerous ways this year. This Thanksgiving season, I wanted to take a few lines and just say thank you.

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

Thank you for all of your hard work raising your sons and daughters. Everyone in CREW is well-behaved and has manners and shows respect to Julia and I. I know it may not always seem that your job as a parent is having an effect but now that it is and Julia and I can see it. I want to remind you that I am praying for everyone in CREW along with their parents by name daily. You are prayed for! Continue to parent your child and know that Julia and I are right beside you to assist and cheer you on. You are doing a terrific job. I am thankful for your investment in the life of your child and because of your investment it makes my job easier. Thank you.  

Thank you for supporting Julia and I. Thank you for driving your teenager to the church for events and for bringing them on Sunday mornings and Wednesday nights. Thank you for the emails of support and encouragement. Thank you for being flexible when we do not arrive preciously when we said we were going to arrive. Thank you for being patient with me as I learn how to communicate with each of you and better minister to your son or daughter and also minister to you. Thank you for supporting my vision of reaching, teaching and releasing 7th-12th grade students. Thank you for volunteering and always willing to lend a helping hand. 

Each of you has been an encouragement and a joy. Thank you for all that you do. Thank you for entrusting your son or daughter to CREW Youth Ministry and I look forward to many more years of partnership together in the Gospel. Thank you!

Reaching, Teaching and Releasing,

T Welch 

No comments:

Post a Comment