For Parents on the Go:
- Saturday, September 19th: 2:00-4:00 pm. Slime Party.
- Saturday, October 10th 9:00-12:00 pm: Corn Maze. Cost: $12 plus lunch.
- Saturday, October 31st, 12:00-4:00 pm: Fall Festival & Trunk or Treat. Need students to man carnival games.
- Friday, November 20th @ 6:00 PM-Saturday, November 21st @ 5:00 PM: Youth Giving. Cost: $20. We will not be attending Ridgecrest this year due to Julia being close to delivery. Instead CREW will be spending the night at our house on Friday night and having a large meal and on Saturday we will go out into the community and serve the widows and shut-ins of FBCS.
- If you would like to receive updates please follow our Facebook page: CREW, my Instagram: tewelch1212 or to receive text message updates text @1t412 to 81010.
- Your teenager should have received a medical form to fill out for 2015-2016. Please fill out and have them return asap.
September begins a new church year and to kick off the new church year I wanted to recast the vision for the youth ministry department.
Christians Reaching Everyone Worldwide more commonly known as CREW is committed to reaching, teaching, and releasing 7th-12th grade students.
We reach students with fun, high-intensity activities. The purpose of these is two-fold. Number one, the activities impress upon students that Christians can and do have fun. Number two, the activities provide events which students can invite their unsaved friends and classmates too.
We teach students that all of life is to be lived all for Christ. We teach, we do not lecture. We teach utilizing carefully crafted questions designed to have students think for themselves concerning a Bible passage or particular cultural topic. We teach the Bible in culturally appropriate ways showing how the Bible relates to real life. This fall, we will begin a three year study on Sunday mornings through the entire Bible. Here is a short video to give you a preview of what your son/daughter will be learning.
We release students out into their communities to impact their schools, sports teams, and circles of influence with the Gospel. Christianity is not a holy huddle for students to find safety and protection—or shelter—from the world. We teach students that Christianity is dangerous, world-engaging, justice-fighting, bold-hearted, grace-infused activism—meant to spill into the world like rain… covering the masses like a downpour and flowing to every crack and margin with a message of hope, forgiveness and reconciliation. Christianity was never meant to be cooped up—it’s a wild community of people-loving crazies willing to risk comfort to be the hands and feet of Jesus.
In conclusion, CREW exists to reach, teach and release 7th-12th grade students. Thank you for your continued support this year. Greater things have yet to come, greater things are still to be done.
Reaching, Teaching, Releasing