Wednesday, August 5, 2015

A Prayer for Students Starting School:

On September 24th, school will start for Winston-Salem/Forsyth County Schools as well as Stokes County Schools, below is my prayer for all students beginning school.

Dear God,

I pray you every student will feel your presence in a real way this year.

I pray if they don’t feel your presence, they will seek you and discover you’re right there with them.

I pray you will surround them with peace and comfort in every new situation.

I pray when they are pressured, you will help them stand.

I pray they find one good friend, a brother or sister in Christ because it’s hard to stand alone.

I pray that 6 AM won’t come as early this year.

I pray when they fail, they will forgive themselves and try again.

I pray you will give their teachers wisdom and patience as they deal with situations.

I pray students will befriend those that are new, lonely or both.

I pray they will be a blessing to their teacher and not a curse.

I pray you will bless them with Godly teachers as you have in the past.

I pray they will have fun. But not too much, if you know what I mean.

I pray they will let their light shine, quietly or loudly, but in their own way.

I pray homework will be light and not become Home. Work.

I pray that you will help me to Pastor them throughout the year and be there for them whenever they need me.

I pray above all, God,  that you would use their challenges, disappointments and victories to draw them closer to you this school year.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment